Welcome to the homepage of Dr. Sitaram Dixit
Dr. Sitaram Dixit
Chairman - Consumer Guidance Society of India, Mumbai
Consultant for Flavor & Fragrance, Home, Fabric, & Personal Care Chemical Industry
PhD awarded for research on functional chemistry of natural essential oils.
M.Sc. in Analytical Chemistry, and
Post Graduate in Operations Research for Management from Bombay University.
Over 30 Years’ experience holding senior managerial postings in H&PC Chemical Industry
Hindustan Lever Ltd., as In-Charge Soap Development Pilot Plant
Hindustan Ciba-Geigy Ltd., as Technical Services Manager India Subcontinent
International Flavours & Fragrances, as Senior Manager Technical Fragrance Development & Applications,
S. H. Kelkar & Company., as Corporate Manager Fragrances
Oriental Aromatics Ltd., as President Flavour & Fragrance Division
Sitaram Dixit has published more than 120 papers in Scientific Chemical Industry Journals of National and International repute.
He is a member of the Academic Council (Cosmetic Technology), Board of Studies of Nagpur University.
Sitaram is an honorary visiting faculty for
- Technology Resources Programs, with FFDC & MSME Institute, Ministry of Industries, Government of India,
- Post Graduate Diploma, in Analytical Chemistry, Perfumery & Cosmetics Management, Mumbai University,
- B. Tech, as “Professor J. G. Kane Memorial Visiting Professorship in Chemical Technology” at ICT (UDCT)
- M. Tech. (Perfumery & Flavours) at Institute of Chemical Technology ICT, (UDCT)
Sitaram was the member of ‘Technical Advisory Committee for Essential Oils’ at ‘Small Industries Services Institute’, Ministry of Industries, Government of India whose main objective was to prepare an action plan for systemic and sustainable growth, provide technological inputs to small and medium enterprises to prepare quality up-gradation and capacity building plans for the essential oils industry sector.
He is a member of the Industrial Council of Fragrance & Flavour Development Centre, Ministry of Micro Small & Medium Enterprises, Government of India.
He is a MEMBER OF THE GOVERNING BODY OF THE BUREAU OF INDIAN STANDARDS (BIS), Divisional Committees and various Sectional Committees, concerned with the framing of ‘Indian National Standards.’
Member of the mission basis workshops organized by Government of Maharashtra, as a precursor to the finalization of the Food Safety & Standards Act 2006
Dr. Sitaram Dixit was responsible to formulate, the very popular CGSI ‘Food Adulteration & Milk Adulteration Testing Kit’ for use by consumers to test adulteration. He also has been conducting various Food Safety Seminars, Food & Milk Adulteration testing programs all over Maharashtra for CGSI, in association with FDA, BIS, Food, Civil Supplies & Consumer Welfare, and Government of Maharashtra & Government of India
- He is the Hon. Technical Editor of ‘Soaps, Detergents & Toiletries Review’,
- Member Editorial board of ‘Flavour and Fragrance Association of India’, ‘Sugandh India’,
- Was Member of the ‘Council for Fair Business Practices’, ‘Indian Soap & Toiletries Makers Association’, and Bombay Chamber of Commerce and Industry'